As cooler temperatures drive us indoors, and the days draw in, don’t despair. The Country Yard have just the thing to keep your hands busy.
What could be a better way of beating the winter blues than purchasing one of our new quilt designs! As usual, we are overflowing with patterns, fabrics and everything else you need to get your quilt on!
Shop Hop 2016: 20th – 28th May
For those of you who don’t know, the Northland Shop Hop is a unique quilting event which started in 2015. This year, it involves eight quilting stores; four in Auckland and four in Northland. Participants choose a quilt available from any one of the 8 stores, then during the Shop Hop week they collect the pieces for their quilt from each of these stores.
Feature Quilt: Autumn Vases
Our featured quilting kit ‘Autumn Vases’ is inspired by this seasons’ rich Autumnal hues. This gorgeous kit is available for purchase for the Northland Shop Hop event. This is a lovely quilt, featuring whimsical, stitched flower vases on the centre squares. The warm tones and striking pattern will complement any home and would make a lovely gift. Find out more…
As with all our kits, Autumn Vases is designed with quilters of all abilities in mind. The Autumn Vases kit, including pattern and fabric for the 9 centre blocks costs just $55. This is almost at cost price, so it’s well-worth registering in this year’s Shop Hop to snap one of these up! The staff here at The Country Yard are also more than happy to assist you with the purchase of complementary border fabric if you wish.
How the ShopHop works
- First, choose your quilt! There are a number of gorgeous designs to choose from, with the Country Yard’s quilt ‘Autumn Vases’ bringing out a vibrant seasonal feel.
- Next, register for the Shop Hop 2016 at the shop which is featuring your choosen quilt (Registrations close at the end of April, so be sure to get in early! )
- You can register to do our The Country Yard Quilt by clicking on the Register Now button above or by emailing us.
- During the Shop Hop week, you need to visit each participating shop to collect a piece of your chosen quilt. View a list and location of the quilt shops involved.
- This is where the fun starts, as you won’t know which block will be waiting for you in each shop.
A Quilting Magical Mystery Tour!
You will have a chance to browse, at your leisure, through each shop’s merchandise and enjoy other surprises they have arranged for you.
At The Country Yard, we are offering complimentary tea, coffee, scrumptious home baking, not to mention the chance to soak in our beautiful surroundings. You’ll also receive a special gift from us when you visit if you are making our ShopHop quilt.
If you live in Auckland and are a keen quilter, it’s a wonderful chance to take a break from the big city. Why not get a bunch of keen quilting friends together for a girls road trip with a difference, and register for the Shop Hop? Collect your quilt’s mystery squares from the participating Auckland shops then head North, enjoying the stunning countryside as you go.
If you haven’t visited The Country Yard before then you’re in for a treat! Our rustic country setting draws compliments from all our customers. If you’re looking for somewhere to stay the night, try Lupton Lodge Bed & Breakfast, just out of Whangarei.